Return to site

Do I need insurance for my Polish registered yacht?

Insurance is required for crewed commercial sea-going yachts

The shipowner or the captain of a Polish commercial sea-going yacht, except for unmanned (bareboat) yachts, is obliged to have civil liability insurance and accident insurance covering all persons aboard the yacht.

The law does not specify the minimum guarantee amount. The minimum guarantee amount is specified in the upper limit of the insurer's liability. If the amount of damage exceeds the minimum guarantee amount, the difference will have to be paid by the entity that caused the damage.

PZU is one insurance provider that has policies for Polish registered sea-going yachts. Their coverage includes both Polish and European territories. PZU can be contacted here

All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!